Yesterday, Justin, Alex and I made the trek down to Bluffdale to attend the Utah iPhone Development Group Meeting. Alex has been coding an app for their USTAR project and I’ve been poking around a bit preparing to write another app. It was a great meeting, by my estimation, a good model for a user group meeting:
- Good venue (thanks seo.com!)
- Pizza (thanks XMission!)
- Group members demo’d iPhone apps (Jason Izatt’s MatchTunes & Alan Carroll’s FamilyLink)
- Presentation and group discussion on the iPad release (Cary Snowden from SquareCompass)
- Demo and coding of Titanium Accelerator (Zach Holmquist)
- Group members invited to share job opportunities, services they offer, or other items of interest
About 50 people attended. There was good group discussion. We met Jason Izatt (iPhone development and training company – did milebug), Christian Harrison (designer), FamilySearch employee. OpenFeint (social functionality integration for iPhone apps) was an interesting technology mentioned.